Sunday, July 18, 2010

My all-time rolls/buns dough recipe

'Pizza'-'Dough' (45min)

Dry yeast 1 tsp
Plain flour 550 g (I usually reduce the plain flour and substitute with some polenta or wholemeal flour to make it 550g in total)
Salt 1 tsp
Dry milk 1 tbsp
Sugar 1 3⁄4 tbsp
Olive oil 20g (2tbsp)
Water 330 ml

After some experiments I decided on the above recipe in making all my steamed/bread rolls/buns doughs. It was developed from the pizza dough recipe from the manual of my bread machine. I increased the amount of the flour because I felt the original recipe is too soft.

I like to use a bit of polenta or wholemeal flour instead of all white flour, to feel that I have a new variety, give it a new feeling or have different nutrition each time.

It's not as soft as a normal bread but that's how I like it. And I like the sweetness of the bread/buns made out of this dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment